Circular Economy and Packaging: The role of Extended Producer Responsibility
Posted on Wednesday 29 April 2015
On 23 April, industry, municipalities and NGO representatives echoed a common message to EU policy-makers about (1) the need to clearly define Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR), and (2) the need to set up binding EPR minimum performance requirements in the Waste Framework Directive and Packaging & Packaging Waste Directive. This discussion took place in the context of the European Parliament’s forthcoming report on the Circular Economy.
More information here.
- UK: producer responsibility laws simplified
- Study finds Extended Producer Responsibility needs to be redesign for Circular Economy
- Circular Economy and Packaging: The role of EPR
- Waste Management: Report for the EC reveals lack of transparency on the EU waste management
- EPR Club International Conference: Towards a circular economy (21 November, Paris)